Social Responsibility and Green Agenda
At the Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel we are committed to ensuring that the environment is safeguarded for future generations and to continually improving our performance through our active environmental policy.
As a general principle, we seek to Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
Through a range of eco-friendly measures we actively involve all our staff, delegates and guests in helping to achieve our green agenda.
- We are a member of Visit Scotland's Green Tourism Business Scheme.
- Our restaurants include locally sourced produce in their menus.
- Wherever possible, we recycle waste, such as plastic bottles and our used cooking oil.
- We reduce our use of paper by using e-mail, e-brochures and e-faxing.
- Wherever possible, we ensure that all our purchases are made from recycled materials.
- We monitor our heat, light and power consumption.
- We provide video conferencing as a resource for clients who wish to reduce the need to travel to meetings.
- Bird boxes are located in the hotel grounds for local wildlife.
- We offer bicycles and cycling/walking routes for our guests.
Our approach has helped us secure a Green Tourism Award and is assisting in our goal of providing a better quality of life for our local community, as well as for our staff and their families. We take our environmental responsibilities seriously and will continue to work across the following areas to enhance our eco-friendly service.
- In the marketplace, we have a responsibility to delegates, guests, suppliers and partners.
- In the workplace, we are committed to what we regard as our most valuable resource – our employees.
- In the environment, we are doing all we can to reduce our impact on the planet.
- In the community, we are ensuring we are an active partner in the community where we operate.