Sustainable Purchasing Policy
The Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel uses the following criteria for its sustainable purchasing :-
- Asking suppliers for their sustainability commitment and their policy, including supporting evidence and documentation.
- Discuss with the supplier their method of delivery and packaging.
- Look at reducing energy and water consumption.
- Calculate the running cost of the product.
- Will the supplier take the goods back and recycle them? If not, consider your responsibility – the cost of disposing if it cannot be recycled.
As a purchaser we will take into account what impact it will have on the local and wider environment.
- The Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel will aim to buy environmentally and socially responsible products.
- The welfare of animals and the environment are important to us. We aim to make a difference by buying products that show this commitment
- We aim to reduce waste and other negative impacts on the environment.
- Where possible we will use fair trade produce.
Sustainable purchasing should consider the environment, social and economic consequences of:
- non-renewable material use;
- manufacture and production methods;
- service delivery;
- recycling options;
- disposal; and
- suppliers' capabilities to address these issues throughout the supply chain.
- Reduce buying, i.e. buying in bulk
- Long life products
- Recycled goods
- Reduced impact