- Conferences & Events
- Centre for Health & Wellbeing
- Contact Us
The Golden Jubilee Research Institute is a dedicated facility, playing a key role in world-leading research, working with partner organisations all across the world to ensure that the highest standard of care is delivered from 'bench to bedside' to benefit patients.
Sharing a campus with the dedicated Golden Jubilee Research Institute provides us with the perfect setting for your medical training or education event, with access to dedicated training areas, including dedicated spaces for simulating clinical procedures and wet-labs. This also allows us to access Live, two way, audio visual links direct to the Hospital's theatres and cardiac catheterisation laboratories.
We firmly believe that research is crucial to health in two ways. Research activity helps us investigate, test out and develop responses to the challenges we face. It also improves the sum of our knowledge and understanding and can lead to improvements in healthcare quality, better outcomes and care for patients, and improved performance.
We are currently undertaking ground-breaking research across all of our specialties – interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, pulmonary vascular disease, advanced heart failure, orthopaedics and anaesthetics – and host a significant number of commercial and non-commercial research trials and studies.
• carried out pioneering stem cell therapy for patients having a STEMI heart attack;
• led several national and international interventional cardiology research projects;
• published research which revealed that Computer Assisted Hip Arthroplasty could increase accuracy of the surgery by over 20%, from 70% to over 90%;
• are part of the UK's first gene therapy trials for heart failure patients, called CUPID2 and SERCA2a, taking place in only two hospitals; and
• played a major role in the 'PRAMI trial' over the past five years, finding evidence to suggest that preventative angioplasty following a heart attack has the potential to save the lives of thousands of patients every year.
For more information about the Golden Jubilee Research Institute, click here.