Seven reasons to choose us as an ethical venue
Jul 09, 2018
Looking for an Ethical Venue with a conscience? Our Director, Bronagh Bell, gives seven good reasons to stay or meet at the Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel.
We are an award winning 4-star Hotel and one of the UK’s leading conference venues with a beautiful riverside location, 168 spacious bedrooms, restaurants and bar.
You can relax with a chilled drink after a busy conference or you can get married outdoors in our unique riverside wedding pavilion.
You can have a Scottish themed ceilidh for you reception or have a gala dinner in our Waterhouse restaurant.
You can relax in our Centre for Health and Wellbeing or enjoy a swim or sauna in our pool area. Whatever you do there will always be a friendly team member nearby to attend to your needs.
And while you are here you can rest assured that your hard-earned money will be used ethically because:
- The Hotel is wholly owned by the Golden Jubilee Foundation, part of NHSScotland. Our profits go back into the NHS to invest in research or patient services.
- All our 101 staff are fully trained hospitality professionals but also NHS employees and as such they benefit from NHS pay grades and exceed national living wage requirements.
- We also ensure that our staff are paid more when working in the evening or on weekends, to compensate for those times most people like to be sociable or spend time with their families.
- Work life balance is important to us and we ensure that our staff don’t regularly work long hours. That is why we have a range of family friendly policies to support everyone who works for us.
- We are totally committed to preserving the environment for future generations and have earned the Gold Award for Green Tourism. As a general principle we aim to Reduce, Reuse or Recycle. You can read more about our environmental friendly approach here
- We aim to support local suppliers and our menus contain sustainable, delicious and organic produce sourced nearby. Check out our menu map here
- We fully support equality and diversity and are delighted that, as part of the Golden Jubilee Foundation, we are a Stonewell Top 100 employer supporting LGBT staff and also a Disability Confident Leader. Valuing dignity and respect is one of our key values.