Getting the best deal from your venue
Jan 31, 2017
By Eleanor Muir,
Sales & Revenue Manager
at the Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel
Hotel rates across the industry can fluctuate depending on varying factors and it is no different here at the Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel where we offer a dynamic pricing policy for our bedrooms and conferences.
This can be influenced by a number of factors and rates can change with regard to previous demand, seasonality, days of the week and significant events taking place in the local area.
So in this month's blog, I would like to offer you some useful hints and tips on how to get the best deal for you, and your delegates, when booking a venue for your event. While it is true that booking rates can vary hugely depending on destination and travel date, these tips should help you get the best deal anytime and anywhere.
I would recommend:
• If you can, try and book your event at off peak rates. Mondays and Fridays are often the cheapest as are the summer months and school holidays.
• Booking directly with a venue means you will always receive the best possible rate and at the Golden Jubilee this is the best way to ensure all of your needs are met.
• It is usually possible to get a discounted rate when booking last minute. However it is important to remember that you run the risk of missing out on your venue of choice or, worst case scenario, there may be nothing left to book.
• Always consider additional costs as venues can quote very differently so don't presume that you are comparing like for like. You need to consider if costs such as free Wi-Fi and parking are included. Look out for packages such as "day delegate" rates as these usually represent the best value.
• Always look out for special offers – these are limited time deals which can often let you grab a bargain, at a much lower price than usual. At the Golden Jubilee, we regularly have discounted rates if you are flexible or prepaying.
• If you are making a series of bookings you should tell the venue from the start of the discussion as corporate rates and discounts for "bulk" bookings can usually be negotiated.
It's always tempting to go for the cheapest deal, but sometimes when prices are low it is for a reason other than value and can make for an unsatisfactory event. Where possible, you should always choose a venue that truly understands your needs.
The Golden Jubilee has a proven track record in delivering consistent, high quality, customer care, recently being awarded the prestigious VenueVerdict Gold Accreditation for 2016.
This is awarded to venues that have provided exceptional customer service and received excellent feedback during each quarter of the year.
Market research agency BDRC Continental awarded the Gold Accreditation to the Golden Jubilee for achieving a Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 70+ over the last 12 months. This feedback system is based entirely on the voice of the customer, and provides honest and comprehensive feedback of individual's experience of an event.